Parents are a huge part of the success of our unit, and as a parent of a potential cadet you will have certain commitments to the unit. These are similar to the commitments you would have to any community organisation your child might join.
You will be expected to:
- Support your childs Unit through active involvement in the Parent Support Committee (Parent Support Committee), as much as possible.
- To the best of your ability meet all financial requirements that the Parent Support Committee may set.
- Maintain in good order NZ Defence Force uniform items and other Unit equipment issued to your child and return the same to the Unit on completion of your child's involvement with Cadets.
- Support your child's involvement by ensuring their regular, uniformed attendance.
- To the best of your ability support your Unit during weekend activities.
Parent Support Committee
The Parent Support Committee is responsible in our unit for:
- Unit Finances
- Buildings and assets
- Event Support
- and many other things
The Committee meets once a month or whenever there is a requirement to make decisions. Meetings follow the normal meeting format and are generally relaxed. Everyone is encouraged to contribute their knowledge and expertise.
Members of the committee are not required to attend weekly parade nights, their role is to provide the support which is not provided by NZ Cadet Forces or the unit officers.