WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT FROM SEEING A COUNSELLOR & COMPLAINTS PROCEDURE
If you visit a counsellor, you can expect :
- To be “listened to” in a non-judgmental way.
- To be given the appropriate professional support and assistance.
- For you and any information shared to be treated in a respectful, professional manner.
- If it is necessary to share concerns with anyone else it will be done with your permission and knowledge.
The ONLY time this may not apply is if someone’s health or life is at risk.
If you have any concerns or complaints to make about your counselling session or the Health Centre you can:
- Talk directly with the Counsellor.
- Get your parents/caregivers to phone the Counsellor or Principal.
- Put it in writing and hand into the Health Centre or to the Principal.
- Write to the NZ Association on Counsellors Ethics Committee, Farmers Federated Building, 169 London Street, Hamilton, or phone them 834-0220.