- Location: Fraser High A9
- Start Date: Saturday 23rd Nov, 2019.
- End Date: Saturday 7th Dec, 2019.
- Time: 9.00-1.00.
- 3 Weeks.
- 4 hours per week.
ENROL NOW FOR TERM 4
Kia Ora/Hello/Zdravo from Boyana,
Learn to cook delicious food from different Europen countries.
Great facts about our course:
- · Recipes will be provided to participants a week in advance, as well as curious information about the place from which the recipe is. So you could have plenty of time to buy all ingredients and get ready for the class as well as to place new recipes into your own recipe book.
- · I will be glad to answer all your questions, related to recipes, ingredients or process.
- · Info about used herbs and spices will be provided too, so you could expand your knowledge and use it in future.
- · The course will represent a unique guided tour through Europe, its cultural specificities and its national dishes.
- · You will be involved in food preparation from the beginning.
- · We may play some music, from those countries while cooking, if you like.
- · The greatest thing is that all participants will be able to take the food home and share with their beloved ones.
- No matter if are you cooking for your family or to host a party, people will be amazed by your new skills and tricks learned during the course.
In order to bring different cultures to you, I have prepared a little bit for everyone, from yummy salads to desserts which no one can resist.
Mainly, dishes are based on vegetables and meat while some desserts are fruity and other ones are chocolate based.
Prepare delicious and unique meals easily, with an experienced chef who will walk you through Europe and whet your appetite not only for food, but also for travel and discovery.
Positive energy and laughter are free, with a cherry on the top. Come and help yourself to an exquisite cooking experience.
Boyana Petkovic is the tutor for this class.
Not so long ago I used to live in a small country in the Balkan Peninsula – Serbia. It is a country of stark contrast and great passions: its history has made it - and its cuisine – quite extraordinary. Cooking is our identity.
I have been quite passionate about food and cooking ever since I was a child. My mum was in charge of preparing the most delicious desserts in our neighborhood. In addition, my father is very much into preparing traditional Serbian meals. In such a family it was not hard at all to become an avid foodie. Following my heart and passion I became a Chef and graduated from Hotel Management College, Gastronomy department. I have never regretted my choice.
My mission has always been to educate people about food and help them make smart choices. I would love to support future Chefs, curious cooks, and also the ones who are afraid of cooking or think they might not be good at it.
Cooking is an art and everyone is welcome to express his or her creativity trough some of the most popular dishes from several European countries.
Cost of food is extra.
This course is supported by the TEC (Tertiary Education Commission) to assist with literacy and numeracy needs of students. You must attend 80% of the class. At the same time we hope you will learn other useful and interesting skills and have a lot of fun learning with us.