- Start Date: Thursday 24th Oct, 2019.
- End Date: Thursday 12th Dec, 2019.
- Time: 6.00-9.00pm.
- 8 Weeks.
- 3 hours per week.
ENROL NOW FOR TERM 4
Introduction to Korowai Raranga with Richard Smith
Learn basic traditional weaving methods to create a small korowai or kakahu. In this class you will learn to connect with your artist spirit using weaving methods used in Maori culture.
Suitable for all levels.
- Introduction to a traditional raranga practices, using contemporary materials
- Basic protocol and cultural considerations for the practice of Korowai Raranga
- Weaving techniques used for a Korowai Kakahu, or Kakahu hurihuri
Introduce basic protocols and practical techniques of Korowai Raranga.
- Gain an understanding of basic, protocols and practices involved in Korowai Raranga
-Connect with your Tupuna as you are inspired to create a beautiful whānau toanga.
- To be motivated to create a full-size Korowai/Kakahu that your whānau will treasure for many generations to come.
- Come and laugh and enjoy yourself as you meet with likeminded people.
This course is supported by the TEC (Tertiary Education Commission) to assist with literacy and numeracy needs of students. You must attend 80% of the class. At the same time we hope you will learn other useful and interesting skills and have a lot of fun learning with us.