LEADing Our Future
A commitment to do our personal best so our students will achieve their personal best.
Fraser provides diverse educational experiences where brothers and sisters can attend, young men and women learn together while belonging to a large and dynamic learning community. We know that as we actively develop worthwhile partnerships with families/whanau and communities our diverse student body are more likely to achieve.
“Co-educational excellence through partnerships” is the foundation for our approach to educating your child. At Fraser High School, achievement is about cultivating habits and attitudes that enables young people to face difficulty and uncertainty calmly, confidently and creatively.
Essential Success Makers
Learn with Purpose
This means finding out what your child is good at, what their passion is and then supporting them to achieve in the things that will ensure their future success.
- Be prepared, be punctual, be equipped
- Set yourself goals and work hard to achieve them
- Be confident to share ideas and ask questions
- Be focused and on task
- Be passionate and enthusiastic about learning
Engage with Pride
We are proud of our students’ achievements and belonging to Fraser’s legacy of success. We can hold our heads high as we endeavour to be the best we can be.
- Respect our school and community
- Take pride and celebrate achievement
- Involve yourself in the life of Fraser
- Wear correct and tidy uniform
- Represent Fraser with pride
- Encourage and support others to do the right thing
Act with Respect
Every student at Fraser is an individual of unique worth. We value the individual that contributes and participates in the Fraser community in a caring and positive way. We believe in our students’ success and know that they deserve to achieve and succeed. We encourage our students to be courageous in their pursuit of success.
- Be kind and aware of others
- Speak politely and use good manners
- Respect the environment and property
- Respect self and others
- Accept responsibility for actions and consequences
- Rubbish in the bins
- Embrace difference
- Practice the values of trust, honesty and integrity
Dare to Succeed
By overcoming our fear of failure. We strongly encourage our students to try, to apply effort and determination as they learn to achieve their goals.
- Take risks and give it a go
- Have high expectations, only your best will do
- Keep trying till you succeed
- Be courageous and creative in your learning
LIKE Fraser on Facebook