The Vocational Department is here to assist our students, through the expertise of our staff. We believe we can help prepare you for further study or the workplace. You can access information about:
- One to one career planning
- New Zealand Universities, Polytechnics, Wananga, and industry Training Organisations
- Apprenticeships, private training providers, armed forces and police
- Access to industry/tertiary unit standard short courses (STAR)
- Gateway and Trades Academy courses
- Help with CV writing, job interviews, applications
- Scheduled Events, career expos, university/polytechnic visits, work experience days, visits from many tertiary education providers and private companies.
Careers NZ is a great website that has a lot of answers to questions you may have, so sign up
- Search for all the jobs available, What’s the pay? What skills and qualifications do you need for the job?
- How to build a CV
- Career Quest is an interactive tool that helps stimulate your thoughts about your career options.
- Go get that free money - (Scholarships)
If you are interested in an Apprenticeship, an Industry Training Organisation (ITO) can help you work out what you need to do, and what qualifications you can get.
- List of NZ ITO’s
- List of NZ Universities
- List of NZ Polytechnics
- Te Wananga o Aotearoa Website
Job Seach Websites
This is a very effective career tool for daily careers information from tertiary providers and industry. This is the careers centres main way of keeping up to date with jobs, training, employment trends etc.
If you have any queries please contact Mr Whaanga on (07) 847 9044 ext. 643 or email me at [email protected]