- Start Date: Thursday 24th Oct, 2019.
- End Date: Thursday 28th Nov, 2019.
- Time: 6.30 - 9.00 pm.
- 6 Weeks.
- 2 hours per week.
ENROL NOW FOR TERM 4
Tutor: Hannah Creighton Pester
People love cake. People adore beautiful creations and rave about the ones that taste delicious. Come and learn how to make and decorate contemporary cakes, for any event, that people will love.
You will learn some key concepts that will give you the confidence to create cakes at home for your special occasion. You will become familiar with some trusty recipes to impress your friends with, and will get to take home your own beautiful creations!
In this course you will:
- Create a chocolate drip cake
- Cover a cake in fondant and learn how to get it a sharp and polished finish
- Practice some of the wonderful things you can do with buttercream and a piping bag to make beautiful cupcakes
- Play around with chocolate and make some deceivingly simple decorations
About the tutor:
Since making cakes as a young child, I have found cake making to be a creative outlet which also helps bring people together to share in many of life’s significant moments. Since coming in second at competitions, after judges didn’t believe a primary schooler could create such cakes without help, I’ve been sparked to fine-tune my skills. I firmly believe learning takes place through research, trial-and-error and some cheeky taste-testing. I made my first wedding cake at 14 and my passion for baking continues to grow. Now I’m truly excited to share this throughout this exciting, hands-on course.
Course related costs. The cost of the ingredients will not be included in the course fee. There will be a list of ingredients to bring each week. Some equipment will be provided and there will be a list of extra equipment required.